Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snapshot documentaries

The Grand Teton as viewed from the summit of Teewinot.

I took this photo a fews years ago and it remains one of my all-time favorite pictures.  I even have a framed copy of it in my apartment.  As a point-and-shoot kind of guy I don't pretend to be an expert photographer (my sister has that talent) but the snapshot, as a form of documentary, is an amazing device.  It is simple, quick, and extremly effective.  I have enjoyed many remarkable adventures to amazing places and have been fortunate to share them with great friends.  Curiously on this trip I was alone, but as I dragged my ass to the top of Teewinot, I looked across the glacier into the north face of the Grand Teton and fondly remembered climbing to that summit with Brady, Justin, and James (not via the north face mind you although that east ridge is looking mighty tempting).

This snapshot enjoys the benefit of the documentary in multiples for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment