Monday, January 14, 2013

Fool's Progress, a book recommendation

Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
This blog title is not of my own creation.  Fitting as it may be, it is the title of the last book published by Edward Abbey before he died (Hayduke Lives! was released posthumously).   The complete title is Fool's Progress: An Honest Novel and if you haven't read it and trust my opinion enough to read this drivel that I'm writing, it's about time you pick it up.  For those of you that have read it, the title alone probably forces a sly grin and likely a whole host of other emotions.   It really does run the gamut.  Funny, witty, offensive, stubborn, sad, incisive, and lifelike are but a few apt descriptions.  Abbey is often more closely identified with his other titles such as Desert Solitaire and The Monkey Wrench Gang but this is vintage.  This is my favorite and I feel obligated to give credit where credit is due.  Hopefully you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment