Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Considerations from Pingora


In my life I have spent more time and energy than is reasonably expected to experience extraordinary places.  It has been one of my primary motivations.  It has also cost me important opportunities and taken its toll on many of my relationships.  Sometimes I struggle to communicate to others why it is so important, often just believing that they understand.  Through my photographs and stories I have attempted to educate others as well as express the value of it all but occasionally I receive criticism for being very selfish and to that I can't argue.  I do derive great personal satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from my travels but hopefully those with whom I share my experiences understand that it goes beyond the personal.

The world is a pretty remarkable place that deserves better consideration than we give it.  As an integral (and overwhelmingly large) part of the big picture, people should seek every opportunity to think on it more.

These photos are from a recent visit to a place that gave me tremendous opportunities to think a lot more.




1 comment:

  1. This includes how we choose to exist in it and how we ultimately treat each other.

    ReplyDelete