Tuesday, October 29, 2013

10 Places

I'm not sure how to go about compiling this list.  What is my criteria?  I don't know.  My methods for doing this are as haphazard as just about anything I do.  This list is by no means exhaustive nor rank ordered.  Tomorrow it could be a different list, although not entirely (some of these are just indisputable).  But as far as today is concerned, this is it.  This is a list of 10 places you must go...or maybe it's only a list of 10 places that I have been but are unforgettable.


Zion National Park
The first time I felt complete awe looking up - and all around as well
Grand Teton - the summit
The feeling of complete awe looking down
Bonneville Shoreline Trail with Malan's Peak
The daily - right out the back door.  Countless hikes, bikes, climbs, jogs and dog walks.
Brit is on the eternal dog walk up there.
The Entire Southwest Desert Landscape
I tried to pick one part but I couldn't.  All are unique brushstrokes to a more compelling painting 
Wheeler Creek to Snowbasin - biking
Way back when, this was my inspiration.  And then there's the moose and the autumn leaves too
The Cirque of the Towers
Probably heaven
Patagonia, Sudamerica
The epitome of everything
Tidal Pools - anywhere in the ocean
Felt like a kid again
The Redwoods
Mystified in the mist
Little Cottonwood Canyon - climbing
The full spectrum of emotions from total success to utter defeat and everything in between


BST






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a complete list to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is not a bad one at all, but I left off a lot of stuff too. I gave a substantial nod to the local landscapre since it is what I have visited most. I should have included the Bugaboos. It really is amazing. Far most spectacular than Wheeler Canyon to Basin for example but those early bike rides up Wheeler 25 yrs ago instilled much of the passion I have today.

      Delete